Monday, March 31, 2014

Love, Marriage, Baby Carriage!


So yes, it's true!  We're due for a surprise little honeymoon bundle in September!  I've been dying to share the news (especially here), but we wanted to wait til we were a little further along to avoid that danger zone.

To make a long story short, it was a surprise, shocking at first and now very welcome.  We both wanted kids (in three years, haha), and N was exceedingly happy when I told him!  No throw-ups the first trimester, just unpleasant nausea and gagging (lol), now just achy and tired. :)  The bump is finally showing!  Not a ton, just a little! :)  I felt baby once so far (when I squished it by laying on my tummy), but soon I should be able to feel it quite regularly. YAY!  Heartbeat is fabulous, and we find out the gender in 4.5 weeks (AND WE CAN'T WAIT!).



Now On the Topic of Pregnancy...
*EW warning for those who don't know much about this stuff...

OH. MY. GOSH.

I can't believe how intrusive people feel like they are able to be when you're pregnant.  Like...a THOUSAND time worse than when getting married (when they all feel they should tell you about the best birth control, how to get used to living with a man, yada yada).  So annoying.

It's a baby.  Women have them everyday, and have been for thousands of years.  I have a mother, I've been a nanny, I have 7 siblings...I mean, really.  I know how to change a diaper.  I know women sometimes poo giving birth (yup, ew), I know after having that baby you don't care what you look like, your boobs leak, and the thought of pooping is terrifying.  You don't sleep.  You get stretch marks (that never leave).  You might break out instead of glowing.   I know those few little things...and way too much more.

Oh well.  I suppose it never stops.


On the Upside...

Getting to wear cute maternity clothes is fun!  All new reason to shop...

Work is easier because if you work at a job that requires plenty of physical labor...you can't do much.  You get to take bathroom breaks constantly, and get to sit down often.  Also...WORKING MAKES PREGNANCY EASIER!  Why?  Because you're busy, you're physically active, and your mind isn't totally consumed by the aches and pains! Yay!

All new reason to clean up that spare room we use for storage.  Yay, nursery! (HA...I'm not even close to being done with it).

My husband is extremely sweet and considerate when it comes to my being pregnant.  It's only begun, but already he gives those aching back muscles a rub, he cooks when I feel like puking, and always takes out the trash for me so I don't gag at the "barely" smelly trash.

And So...

Farewell til later bloggers!  Between work, marriage, and pregnancy, I'm crazy busy but I'll try to pop in again soon.  :)


5 comments:

  1. Ah, so happy, M!! What a gift, and lovely new season. You are gonna make a fabulous mother. So good to read your posts again <3 miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS, Micah! I did not now this fabulous news, girl. Just expected your next update to be all about the wedding. :) Happy for you and N and will anxiously await another update from you. Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! :) It's so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your name just jumped in my mind today. I just had to see how you were doing. Must be such a FABULOUS season for you. I love babies and rejoice with you over your soon-to-be born. Congratulations to you, Micah Elisabeth, and to your husband.

    ReplyDelete